We still have some openings for the 2014-15 school year.
- 2 year-olds - T TH AM; 1 spot left
- 3 year-olds - MWF PM 1 spot left
- 4 year-olds - MWF PM several openings
- Reading Enrichment - 1 spot left
Please call 631-265-2625 or e-mail for further information.
December 18,19 - Christmas Show and Parties
January 6 - Church member registration
January 13 - Current student registration
January 20 - Alumni registration
Saturday, January 24 - Open House 10-12. New family registration begins
Registration for new families is ongoing. We still have a few openings for the 2013-14 school year. Please call 265-2625 for information or to schedule a tour.Â
Â Reading -Writing Enrichment Program for 4 year-olds
This program features lots of good literature, songs, poetry, book making, cooking with literature, author studies and making your own books.Â It is a great compliment to our Math-Science Enrichment Program.Â Call or e mail(Wesleyan@smithtownumc.org) to find out more.Â Â
Sunnydays Summer Program
We offer a 5 week summer summer program in July and August from 9:30-12:30.Â
Wesleyan School is dedicated to a developmentally appropriate hands-on learning program.Â We provide a balanced early childhood program that incorporates all four areas of child development; social, emotional, physical and intellectual.Â Through real experiences we strive to provide the skills your child will need when they enter kindergarten, in the way that young children learn best.
Small classes provide opportunities for a close relationship between the teacher and student.Â In our program children are encouraged to become involved in various learning activities which include:
- Developing manipulative, fine motor skills with a variety of materials
- Play and socialization with others
- Creative art activities
- Simple group games
- Large muscle activities (indoors & outdoors)
- Literature intensive curriculum
- Use of songs, poetry and rhythm instruments to help develop literacy and phonemic awareness.
- Science experiments and environmental activities
- Field trips
- Reading,writing and math readiness skills
- Social Studies and community helpers